Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Deck Goes On... and On... and On...

The painting of the deck continues. The house is now painted but the deck... it just keeps going on and on and on... especially at the aft of the boat. The lazarettes took a little longer than expected, but they are looking right.

What I'm trying to figure out is why in the world did I think that two quarts of paint would be enough to do the entire deck and house? Boy, I missed it on that estimate... it is taking four quarts. Mind you, I've put down three coats in high wear areas and because the paint is so inexpensive, I have not been stingy with it.

Anyway, once the aft end of the boat is finished, the rest should move pretty fast. The whole job should be done by Thursday evening.

Also, the "Boat Fairy" visited my boat while I was at work. When I got back to the boat, there was a extremely large wire crimper/cutter with crimping sleeves and a heavy duty saw horse. (I have no clue as to why someone left these on my boat... my suspicion is they'll show back up confessing "wrong boat").





Gifts from the Boat Fairy
Fair seas and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment