Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Waiting for the Paint to Dry...

As most of you know, I have painted Annie's topside with a beautiful navy blue paint.

With the help of a friend, I "Rolled & Tipped" the first coat and sprayed the second coat. Now, I am not a painter, nor the son of a painter... sooooo, I had a couple of runs and some "Orange Peel" on the second coat. In order for me to correct the runs and eliminate the orange peel, the paint has to be dry.

I used Jamestown Distributor's Totalboat Wet Edge Topside Paint which got a five star rating on Amazon. This paint is great BUT it is a polyurethane paint which can take up to four weeks to completely dry. So......... I am waiting for the paint to harden enough to buff out the runs and orange peel.

While I am waiting, I am finishing the bottom prep work for her bottom paint and some other odd jobs. I'll actually paint her bottom tomorrow and if the topside paint will harden up, she'll be back in the water by Thanksgiving.

Fair seas and God bless!

Backing Plate for the Winches
Backing Plate for the Winches
Closed Thru Hulls 
Light Bottom Repairs
A small crack in the Rudder needed attention
Removed the Underwater Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment