Tuesday, November 15, 2016

BOSE in the House!

While visiting my sister and brother-in-law last Sunday afternoon, I caught my Bro. cleaning out his workshed. Like most guys, he had accumulated a wide variety of stuff... stuff that you know you'll one day need, especially in the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

While talking with him and my sister, Steve pointed to a wood box that contained four indoor/outdoor mini Bose speakers and asked if I wanted them. I IMMEDIATELY replied, "YES!" (If you know anything about speakers, they don't get much better than Bose). I grabbed the speakers, thought of a good excuse to leave and got out of there before he had a chance to change his mind... LOL... (Just kidding - Thanks for the speakers Steve, you're the best).

When I got home that evening, I started shopping Amazon for an AM/FM Bluetooth 7" Touchscreen Radio. To my surprise and pleasure, Amazon had one for less that $70 bucks! Ordered.

Today, I installed the radio and speakers. I'm still trying to figure out how to install the reverse camera in the cockpit so I can flip a switch and see who's knocking on my door. I am also looking into routeing my VHF radio through the AUX feature of the radio in order to utilize the four Bose speakers and make it possible to actually hear the VHF when motoring.

All in all, there is only one word for the whole setup... "AMAZING!"

BOSE is in the house!

Fair seas and God bless!











2 comments:

  1. Surround sound, nice. I wonder how much power that radio draws.

    Since removing the old cassette car stereo off the boat, I still have the speakers mounted on the forward bulkhead. I thought of installing a new stereo that the PO gave me. But now thinking to get something like an amplifier board for connecting my phone or other device (computer?)... like this, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0UYX8M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FHY76QVUNZJE&coliid=I37ISLSHN8RZ3P

    Down side, no FM/AM radio. Another idea I had the last couple days, install the stereo inside a cabinet, out of the way. The small Amp board is cheap enough to try out and still do something else.

    Just ideas for now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan,

    I have no idea how much power the radio uses... I've looked everywhere but to no avail. I can dim the screen or even turn it off once I'm on the station or device I want to use and I'm sure that reduces power consumption greatly. As long as I'm dockside, my ProNautic will keep the batteries topped out... when I'm unplugged... we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete