Monday, July 11, 2016

Broken Tools & Progress...

The V-Berth lowering is in full swing... at least until my jigsaw broke.

I removed the 1 1/2" Groco seacocks and they are available for sale, (I will ship), but they are still in need of cleaning. I painted what will be storage spaces and will seal all the thru-hull holes all at once, (I have two more to remove and I will post on that project at the appropriate time).

After framing the lowered V-Berth and adding an extended bulkhead up front, I was about measure and cut all the 3/4" plywood for the decking and my jigsaw broke... not the blade, but the jigsaw itself. So... I closed the boat and headed home.

Home Depot tomorrow for a jigsaw and West Marine for epoxy stuff.

Pics below.

Fair seas and God bless!


  1. Nice bit of deconstruction. Looking good so far.

    Those seacocks are pretty cruddy but I'm thinking they might be able to get cleaned up and used again. Hopefully you get a taker on them. I'm still looking at removing at least one, if not both, of the seacocks from my old head I had removed.

  2. I think they will clean up... I got them ib a bucket but keep forgetting to get the vinegar. Once they are cleaned, broken down, and put back together, baring any bad parts, I'm sure a Westsailor will pick them up... they seem to be in high demand since the company no longer make them.

    It's coming along nicely, lots done today, decking and cut-outs are in but saving the pics for my next post.