Friday, November 25, 2016

Little Side Job...

If you've followed my blog from the beginning, you know I have LED lighting inside Annie's main cabin and in the V-berth. At first, I used the multi-colored LED's but they could only be controlled by the IR remote controllers that came with the strings and the controllers started malfunctioning within a few months. (I think the salt-water environment was the culprit).

I moved to 5050 plain white LED strings with upper and lower dimmer switches and they did fine... BUT... the lighting was reflected light and sometimes, a little too dim. I needed something overhead to supplement the LED's...




Amazon to the rescue. (Amazon and Home Depot should sponsor Annie considering the amount of merchandise she carries that came from them). After a quick search, I found exactly what Annie needed, RV Boat Recessed Ceiling Light 4 Pack Acegoo Super Slim LED Panel Light DC 12V 3W Full Aluminum Downlights Warm White. (Amazon loves descriptive looooong names).

Had to remove a little bit of trim work to run the wiring between the vinyl Wainscott I used for the headliner, but after a couple of hours, the lights were in and the cabin is as bright as day.

Just a little side job on this short Thanksgiving week. (BTW, Happy belated Thanksgiving).

Fair seas and God bless!









2 comments:

  1. I just found out a small section of the LED strips I installed in the head went out. Only 3 LEDs. The rest are still nice and bright so no need to try redoing anything.

    Those are nice lights. I like those recessed lights. They don't take up much space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan,

      I noticed a stray single LED light out on a couple of my strings.

      The LED string lights still work fine but I needed something overhead to supplement the cabin light. These did the trick and since my headliner ribs were 1x3's, the shallow depth of the ceiling lights worked well.

      Thanks for following.

      Delete