Thursday, July 21, 2016

V-Berth Lowering Complete...

The lowering of the V-Berth is complete.

It took a little bit and was a mess at times, but the lowering of the V-Berth is now an accomplished fact. I had heard of it being done by a couple of other Westsailors but never could find any documentation or blogs about such... so I just forged ahead without a guide.

I'm glad I did it. I lost some storage and the full berth has become a single berth but it is more usable and a lot more comfortable. I still have a few few little things to do, but it is ready for living once the mattress is sized, cut, and put in place.

Fair seas and God bless!





















2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say...
    that's beautiful work!

    I like the cubby hole. It certainly doesn't look like a modification. Looks like it was supposed to be like that.

    Well done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I'm pleased with the result. Got the mattress in today but I'll wait to cut and place it until she goes back in the water in a few weeks.

      The cubby hole also has a secret compartment... for my gun... I mean gum...lol.

      Delete