Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Serendipitous Finds....

Every now and then, when looking for something else completely, you find something else completely.

I was on the hunt for Aluminum Flat Bar to mount two solar panels securely on Annie. My journey to local hardware stores in Carrabelle did not yield the desired size... then East Point disappointed, and then Apalachicola failed me.

Ready to return to Annie empty handed, my friend Mike and I stopped by a shop owned by a friend of his. Next to that shop was a place called, The Tin Shed... it was there I found something else completely.

The Tin Shed has to be one of the coolest shops I've ever visited. Though I was only able to peruse the premises for about 30 minutes, I believe I could have lingered half a day. It was like numerous nautical dreams willed into reality in one shop.

I did not find my Aluminum Flat Bar there, but I did find something else completely.

Take a look at some pictures from this shop and if you are ever in Apalachicola, stop in a visit this unique store on 170 Water Street.














































No comments:

Post a Comment