Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Passage to Carrabelle... Day One

Somewhere someone said, "With every endeavor there will be at least one glitch." I'm hoping Annie's throwing a fan belt at Indiantown was my one glitch.

After passing the Indiantown railroad swing bridge, I noticed Annie's temperature gauge moving into the red. I cut the engine and went to drop anchor and the anchor's windless was stove up and would not drop. I almost got into the bank but managed to get her out and then to get to the Indiantown marina without running her too hot. The belt was replaced but I decided to stay at Indiantown for the afternoon/evening. Not a real big first day as to distance, but experience... yeah, got that. (I also repaired the windless).

Here's a video I shot with a borrowed GoPro clone, (remember, mine broke).





Fair seas and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment