Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rain Dances, Dorade Vents, and Painting

In the days of the American Indian, certain members of the tribes would do certain dances around a sacred fire and they believed their great spirit would send rain... nowadays, it appears I take care of inviting the rain by simply preparing to paint. As soon as I plan to paint and start taping, the rain comes. I offer my services to the drought stricken areas of the country... I'll even bring my own paint supplies. :)

I was, however, able to tape the house off, prep and paint the dorade vents, and prepare for a dry day on Saturday to finish painting the house and varnishing the dorade boxes.

That is all.






Additional Pics added 3/26/2016.

I have been down with either a cold or severe allergies for the last two days... did a little today but had to quit after one coat. Back at it on Monday.






Fair seas and God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Nice! They match the red canvas next door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I was going to use a bright red but thought the deeper maroon color was more suited for an my older girl... but you're right, matches my neighbor's sails exactly.

      Delete
    2. I just happen to like dark red. Works well for your boat. I painted a dark red on my boat a little better and like how it looks. I want another one or two coats. Then I can get the name back on the boat.

      Delete