Friday, November 27, 2015

One Year!

Today is Annie's one year anniversary! She has been back in the water for one year and for the most part I have been living aboard for a year... It has been great!

She was on the hard for about five years when I found her. It took me nine months to help her to be reborn and start her new life with me. It has been a great journey so far and we are just starting.

Here's to you Annie, My Little Ship of Dreams.


WHEN I FIRST SAW HER...








THE DAY SHE LAUNCHED...








AND RECENTLY...





3 comments:

  1. Heck of a transition when you lay it out all at once like that. You've saved a boat that could have been neglected until the scrap heap called. Well done, David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan!

      Her demise may have been likely... the listing on Westsail's Facebook Page was a joke... I think someone actually said, "Who would buy her?" Ahhh... ME!

      She's a fine little ship and when she's finished, she will shine again and sail warm waters... It's what she was meant to do...

      Remember the poem you pointed me to...

      "Somewhere there are men with snow-white hair
      Who sit in life’s twilight years,
      And often their thoughts drift wistfully back,
      And often their eyes fill with tears
      As they think of the dreams that have gone astray
      And the plans that have somehow failed -
      God, heal the hearts of the men who have built
      The boats that have never sailed."

      Alban Wall

      Delete
    2. Yep, I think about that poem often as I work on my boat. I want to be able to sail instead of work all the time.

      I also like this poem. I took a picture of my lamp on the table for it. I thought it fits perfectly as well.

      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nawN2VJT5H4/Un563bS2-oI/AAAAAAAABgA/5LFfU1aQRE8/s1600/Call+of+the+sea.jpg

      Delete